Thursday, October 2, 2008

Leave me alone!!!


My life has been sabotaged by nonstop criticism of my relationship with myself. When my parents do it… I can understand. Family… I can handle, friends… I can get away with a chuckle. But what am I to do when all of ‘em come on to me at the same time?

It was my sons’ birthday party and all the family and friends were gathered. We were having a great time when all of a sudden the topic targeted towards me and my life as a single parent *hide face*. Now is that even a topic to discuss in public? I don’t think so!!!

What is so wrong with being single? I have had my share of courtship and affairs. Now, I’d rather spare my time and energy RAISING my men rather than be out FISHING for men. True, I do get lonely at times, I have my urges, my desires… but those are just feelings and they come and go, on and off, just like that… no big deal! There is no emotion that I can’t handle. I’m a big girl and I’m happy as I am. And if I wanted to get entangled again, I will… but for now, just leave me alone!!!


No comments: