Friday, October 17, 2008

I wonder what it all means…!

I was on my way home from school, but I wasn’t wearing a uniform. A lady walked up to me with a dress, said she’s made it for me. I looked at her and thought to myself, “this has happened before”, the same lady has come to me with the same dress the previous day. I looked around me, it was the same location, the same mosque, and I remembered; a mountain was going to rise from behind the wall opposite the mosque… and there’s going to be disaster. I ran home to warn my family and get them to warn others. I ran back to the location, looked up and saw a huge moon on a blue sky. It has risen from the north, and with one swift movement went to set from the south. I was horrified…is this the end? I looked at the amused faces around me. They were all staring at the mountain that has risen from behind the wall; it was erupting ice-cream out of it, just as it was supposed to… and the children were playing ice balls with it. I started shouting, trying to warn everyone of what was to come, that the place was going to flood with high tide water. But no one took any notice; they were astounded by the ice-cream volcano. But where was he? I need to find him. I ran down a tunnel and up the stairs from where water has already started flowing in. I stumbled in to the water which was at knees high. I called out his name several times “Where are you?” Then, I heard his voice… calling out for me. I turned and saw his half bald head going down in to the water, his hand reaching out above it. He was drowning… in knees high water? My heart skipped a beat, horrified, and reached for his hand to pull him up. He grabbed my hand and lifted his head, looked me straight in the eyes and said “Serendipity” with an ironic smile, then gave up his grip and sank deep into the water. “No!”… I cried out..!!!

I lay frozen on the bed, arms reaching out, mouth in a gasp, and eyes wide open in horror. What was that all about? I don’t usually have nightmares or dreams, but when I do, they pretty much make sense… but this one’s pathetic… doesn’t make any sense at all. I wonder what it all means? ...!

3 comments:

notes from shaff said...

hm thats one hell of a dream!! having strange dreams is an indication, IMO, of having a good imagination.

me said...

Hmmm half bald head .. i guess maumoon's days in power is about to end. :P

preciousme said...

shaff... thanks, I do indeed have a good imagination
me... hmmm come to think of it..., if the guy who drowns is to be maumoon, the ice-cream volcano could be the temples that are to come up next to the mosques... and the moon setting from the south could be gods anger bestowed upon us followed by floods and famine. Wow... now it really makes sense!!!