Monday, October 13, 2008

I don’t miss YOU… I miss our relationship!


All my life, I’ve always laughed at the thought of love. I remember the endless hours spent with my friends trying to reason them out of their lost love depressions. I always teased them and made fun of them. Why? I’d never known what it was like to love someone and to lose that love… till now!! They say love is blind… now I know why. They say people come into each others' lives for a reason… now I know why.

You came into my life to make me realize true love. To make me understand what its’ like to be in love and be loved in return. With you, I realized what its like to love someone you can never keep. We both fell for each other blindly, knowing there was a decade between us that can never be crossed over. Our journey was destined towards a dead end and we both knew we will have to take our own paths at some point.

I remember the day you told me you had found your soul mate… I was happy for you, but at the same time, I felt a sharp stab in my chest… a stab so painful I didn’t even feel the tears that drooped down my cheeks. That was the most horrific feeling I’d ever felt in my life… and that was when I realized just how much you meant to me, how much I loved you and how much I needed you. But I knew it was time to be strong and let you go… you deserved better. For weeks I struggled to fight the painful clutches of lost love depression.

Now, here I am… alone… walking along an open highway… many faces come and go, I hardly remember them. And if you ask me if I still love you… I’d say yes, I still love you and wish you well. If you ask me if I’d ever let myself fall for someone else… I’d say yes, if anyone can make me feel the way you did, give me the love, attention and care you gave, I will let myself fall again. But if you ask me if I still missed you… I’d say… NO! I don’t miss YOU... I miss our relationship!

No comments: