Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Commitment

I’m happy with my life as it is, b’cos I truly believe that a strong sense of self-esteem is the key to lifelong happiness and fulfillment. The most important commitment one can make to ones life is to love, honor and cherish ones’ self. Said all that… even though I enjoy having my own fabulously carefree life, I do want to share it with someone special.
To me, a commitment doesn’t necessarily have to be a legal paperwork, in other words “marriage”. It could be a mutual agreement between two people to date each other exclusively, OR simply living together to fulfill mutual desires with respect and loyalty to each other.
The need to legalize a relationship is necessary only when the hormones are in tune to form a whole new entity and that is when we say we are ready to start a family. Until then, as long as there is love, honesty and harmony in a relationship… it’s good enough a commitment.

2 comments: