Thursday, July 23, 2009

Friends with benefits…???

In case you’re not familiar with the term, let me explain… it is an arrangement where a man and a woman behave like friends and have the benefits of physical intimacy. An arrangement for instant enjoyment without emotional attachments… probably an invention of a man in his utter selfishness!!!
I don’t understand why any woman would want to fall into such an arrangement, because the way I see it, there is nothing beneficial with intimacy without emotions or an undefined relationship. When a man says "Let’s be friends with benefits," what he's really saying is: "I'm selfish. I like having sex with you, but I don't care enough about you as a person or respect you enough to be your boyfriend." Just how mean is that? It's nothing more than a creative way of saying that he wants to keep his options open in case someone better comes along, isn’t it?
So why give importance to such a guy anyway, when you know you are far too fabulous to be some guys’ second choice eh? After all, everyone deserves to have a happy, healthy, fulfilling relationship…!!!

2 comments:

Khilath Rasheed - journalist and blogger from Maldives said...

I have an interesting perspective on that. Will write about that soon :) cheers

Nora said...

true that, but shouldn't it go both ways?