Wednesday, September 3, 2008

In the darkness of my loneliness

Sitting here; in the lonely darkness of my room, thinking of you. I wonder if you are thinking of me too. Every now and then my thoughts keep drifting away to how it all started; from e-mail messages to chat rooms, from phone conversations to cozy couches. Time passed fast and we came close even faster. Yet after several months, the uncertainty of our relationship lingers in the air. Every time we meet, I can’t help to wonder how you feel about me, if I am of any importance to you at all. I try to tell myself that we are “just friends”, cos I know that’s how you want it to be. But then again, I never got this close to any of my friends. To me, you will always be more than a friend because what I feel for you is a lot different from what I feel for them.
But I know this feeling isn’t mutual on your part. I do understand why. I have no expectations from you and I know this isn’t to last. Sooner or later you’ll find someone else, fall in love … and walk away, and I’ll be left behind, alone in the darkness of my loneliness…AGAIN.
It’s like the curse is never to end. Am I never to find true love? Isn’t anyone out there for me, to make me feel special and precious?

4 comments:

Me N Myself said...

Fllow your heart. You are using your brains and it had got a lot of experience it knows to compare and it knows to generate results often makes mistakes in judging true love. The heart sees whts invisible to the eye. Stop counting your chickens b4 they are hatched. You are not cable of seeing beyond now. Just follow your heart, dont be freightened and you will be fine. wishing you happiness

[ dhondhooni ] said...

i agree with me n myself. you could help yourself a lot by losing the negativity and try to get over stuff. that always helps me. hope it does to you as well.

Silence said...

One needs to look around carefully, One needs to dream for the rights and wrongs of what one needs. One needs to o out in the light and look around. The magic for reality is the dream and the way you dream it. If you keep on whistling whats wrong in your beautiful lonely life, it would be as the beautiful lonely corner in your room. That would be the dream and the reality, but if you open your eyes go into the light within your dreams you will see faces across the horizons of life.

Your dreams are your reality...

preciousme said...

your words are wise and soothing, silence... that just made me feel so much better. thank you