Friday, August 8, 2008

I’m not allergic, I’m just not ready

3 years ago my friends started pointing out my allergy. My rejection to Dates and over working attitude made everyone concerned and I was labelled as “Allergic to men”. I started hearing comments like, “Girl, don’t do that to your self, start dating”, “it’s about time you gave someone a chance”.

So what if I hadn’t been in a relationship, in over 6 years? Work 24 hours round the clock? I have a family to support, for god sake. I don’t Date because I don’t have time for it and certainly not for any serious relationships. But, that doesn’t mean I’m allergic to men. That’s right; I’m not allergic to men.

Ok so I’ve had a bad experience, and because of that I had buried my emotions deep down where no one can touch. But that doesn’t mean I have no emotional feelings. I’m just waiting for the right moment and the right person to dig it up :) . I am normal just like every one of you and I too have dreams just like every other girl, to have a perfect family, loving husband, beautiful home and a good business, (well I do have my ambitions, don’t see why I cant include them in my dreams).

Anyways, bottom-line… I’m not allergic to men, and I do want a relationship, but I’m just not ready to settle down yet. So you guys can rest in peace, and let me do this my way and in my time. But I do appreciate your concern...thanks!

2 comments:

Me N Myself said...

Oh so this is wht you have byn. I believe that its just a slow acceleration after a sudden stop of a smooth; umm.. not so smooth ride. what you are is a freightened lady to move too fast again. You are not waiting for the right person you are just not allowing you heart to see whts right in a person. Dia there is no such thing as the RIGHT MAN. You induldge yourself in to 24hrs of work not cos u need to earn to support ur family but to get rid of those tots.
You are now a very protective-precious-wildcat. One of the best kids your mom and dad has got. wish you a very successful life and a very healthy and happy life too. Ramadan mubarik

preciousme said...

hi me n myself (like i'm talking to myself hehehe)...
you talk like you know me very well. and yes you are right, I do kyp myself occupied to rid off them "tots" (as you like to call 'em). but I also know that one cannot go on like this forever, no one can.
Thank you for your comments and wish you a very blessed Ramazan