Tuesday, January 1, 2013

And so I let go…



Many days passed… they say time heals all wounds and so it has mines’ too.  I've spent these holidays looking back over the past year, realizing, understanding… my friends, my family and most of all… my mistakes.  Life goes on, and mistakes are vital ingredient in making a person wiser and experienced, but only if you learn from them… Have I learned from my mistakes? How confident am I that I won’t make the same mistakes again?
Last year I had been holding on to a personality that I had experienced in the previous year, hoping to find him again.  For almost a year I had loved him, desired him and rejected all other options that have come my way, only to realize that the personality wasn't for real... (sigh), the extent some men would go to get what they want.  Result: A lot of wasted time and opportunities (for me)…
Question is, have I learned from this mistake? Will I let myself be fooled by such a personality again? One thing I learned for sure is that in the logic of love, one should listen to ones mind and not their heart...the heart will always comes up with some excuse to hold on while the mind gives several reasons to let go. This year, I choose to listen to my mind, and so... I let go…!!!

No comments: